Sunday, May 10, 2009

Moms to help you

I don't want this Mother's Day to pass without thanking my mom and Alex's mom. Having this experience with Emma has made me realize once again that moms are the best medicine. When you feel like the pain is too much and life is too hard, they are somehow the only ones that can make you feel like it's going to be okay. This was true when I was small and this was true when I was going through the 36 hour labor with Emma. I remember being sick when I was younger and amazed at how much better just my mom resting her hand on my head made me feel. This same thing happened when I was tired of being in labor, it was about the 26th hour into it. I didn't know what to do, the pain was too great and the panic was settling in...but then mom came and rested her hand on my head and all of a sudden I felt better, more calm... more okay.

Alex's mom came also. I won't forget how they both stayed up the whole night before Emma was born. Everyone else was exhausted and had to get a few winks, but not the moms...they were up the whole time. I'm thankful for them and can now understand a little bit (now that I am one) why mother's do the things they do for us. There's just something about moms, they're pure and divine and they really are the best medicine.

No comments: